Oh, welcome, welcome!

How do you do? Care for a bit of tea?

Saturday, June 26, 2010

Chills...

Sooo, I have a cold. A bad one. The kind that makes your whole head ache, behind your eyes, all the way past your cheekbones. The kind that when you talk, the own vibration of your voice makes your head pound harder.

Yeeeeup. It sucks. I've had to skip work the past two days because of how disgusting I feel, and I would hate to pass it to anyone else. Plus, this morning, I lost most of my voice. Which is kind of entertaining for me, I enjoy it when I can't talk right, when it changes my voice. Its entertaining, because I have no control over it, just like if you suck in helium, and it makes your voice really high, or if you have a bubble in your throat. Weird, I know. But its an easy way to entertain myself when I have nothing else to do while stuck at home.

On the other hand, its a bummer because when this happens, it usually means I won't regain my singing voice and normal range that I work hard to keep and extend for at least a month. It sucks because after I had pneumonia, it kind of ruined my singing voice, and even all of my work hasn't allowed me to completely regain it without coughing. So I'm worried that my cold will ruin all I've gained.


Also, its Sturgis Falls weekend. I missed My Waterloo Days while I was on a horrible trip in Tennessee. I was really excited about it because I wanted Anthony and I to go together. I thought it'd be a great memory maker. But I missed it, so I don't want to miss Sturgis this weekend, even if I'm sick. It started Friday, and ends on Sunday.

Granted, Sturgis is a lot smaller than My Waterloo Days. There isn't a ferris wheel, which is my favorite ride, but oh well. I figure we can still eat some funnel cake and ride the carousel.

I'm scheduled to work 12-5 tomorrow. I'm going to try to get it off, otherwise I'll call in sick. Is it awful that I feel that I'm sick enough that I don't want to work for 5 hours, plus pass the germs on or blow my nose constantly, and get completely worn out as I'm not allowed to sit at all during my shift? But I feel well enough/determined enough to go to Sturgis with Anthony on Sunday for just an hour, so I can get that funnel cake and ride that carousel and snap a few pictures?

I don't know. But I do know I hate being sick. With a passion. Uhg!

No comments:

Post a Comment