Oh, welcome, welcome!

How do you do? Care for a bit of tea?

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Here Comes The Sun...


Do,do, do,do, here comes the sun, and I say, its all right.

So I am pretty much loving my life right now. I'm not sure when that turn around happened, it could be when I started going to Lampost's bible study/BASIC after being invited by my friend Liz a bunch of times, until I finally had the night off from work to make it out! Its been awesome to spend time doing fun activities (this is no normal bible study!) with amazing people who are just as thirsty for God and struggling with
the same things that I am. Definitely a huge encouragement, and I find that I no longer feel so alone in a crowd of people, or out of place.

In my spare time I've signed up for a single class this fall semester to complete my Gen Ed's in order to be eligible for Hawkeye's Photography Major program. I've already been excepted, so I'll be taking this class and working as much as possible to kill time until Fall 2011 when I can start. :)

I also have been trying to nurture and cultivate existin
g and new friendships, and to be serving God and my friends and family as
much as I can.

My friend Liz is getting married on November 27th! Soooo exciting!!! She is marrying my friend Mike Runge. They are so perfect together! Definitely an inspiration for my own relationship.

Picture time!


Liz & Mike at Lampost's 80's Prom. So fun!

Liz & I

I've offered to make pies for Liz's wedding, so hopefully we will have a taste test soon! Also, we'll hopefully find time to drive around the Waterloo/Cedar Falls area to scope out some cool places for her wedding photos, and maybe take some fun photos of our own while we're at it. :) I may also see if I have time to volunteer to pick up their wedding photographers the day before the wedding since I'm interested in a Photography major and I find it very enlightening and inspiring to talk to fellow photographers who are already in the business.

Fun events coming up are a shopping trip with Liz (yay, shopping!!), and then a camping trip with the Lampost crew!

I'm hoping to polish my acting skills and bask in the lime light a little soon by trying out for Lampost's "Pirates!" play that's coming up, and maybe "Treasure Island" or "The Big 5O" at WCP.

Anthony and I are also investing valuable time in each other, trying to avoid distracting media when we're together, and learning more about how the other person ticks. We also enjoy coming up with new ways to have fun or go on dates without spending much money. Its definitely been fun. :)

So that's my life so far, keeping busy, working, Anthony, friends, family and God are all my priorities right now, and things seem to be going my way.

I'm feeling alive, and loving the life God has given me. Summer is shaping up to be pretty amazing this year. Its a good feeling. :)

<3 's ,

~Cassie

No comments:

Post a Comment