Oh, welcome, welcome!

How do you do? Care for a bit of tea?

Monday, September 26, 2011

Happy Birthday To Me

Semi-good news: I'm turning 22 today. Good because God has blessed me with another year full of friends and family and blessings. Bad, because I'm getting older and I still haven't done even half of the things I want to do yet.

Very bad news: Oliver, my sweet babycakes kitty has fleas for the first time in the 14 years of his life. Found one on my sweater after hugging him when I got home from work last night. I thought it was a gnat and tried to squish it. It didn't squish. Instead it jumped and landed in my bathroom sink where I really really squished it with my thumb ("Eeeeek! Die, die!"), after which I examined it on my thumb.

Freaked.

I grabbed Oliver and put him in a headlock and searched his fur. I found one on his head and rushed him outside again, not bothering to look for more, holding him at arms length like a time bomb. I woke my mom up and had her check my hair and my bed. All clear. Thank the Lord I went with pastel blue sheets and a white comforter instead of dark purple. We researched fleas and cures a little on our laptops, apparently the cycle and treatment of fleas is a lot like that of head lice. Ew.

I set Oliver up in the garage with his litter box, luring him in with some canned cat food as a sort of apology for throwing him back outside after it'd been raining all day. My baby is sleeping on an old pillow. :( I miss him curled up above my head.

I fell asleep praying/begging God to pleasepleasepleasepleaseplease let this be an easy fix and not an infestation. I have a phobia of bugs in my house and my things and on me. The first year we had earwigs, my mother woke up to find me going bat crazy in our kitchen, spraying Ortho Home Defense Max everywhere. Puddles of Otho with writhing earwigs in the center dotted the floor like a mine field. I was uncontrollable, irrational, and sleep deprived.

So. Hopefully he just got them last night. I didn't search long but in my opinion 2 fleas = 4 or more in this case. Any prayers are appreciated.

I have to go as the Vet clinic just opened and I'm going to hog their phone line.

*sigh* Happy birthday to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment