Oh, welcome, welcome!

How do you do? Care for a bit of tea?

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Cassie Marie - Press Release

So, I had some time and decided to interview myself and write my own press release. :) This is what I imagine the first article in a local paper or magazine would say about me. Enjoy!

____________________________________

Cassie Marie (Yost) is a 23-year-old local musician, artist and thespian with a passion for creative outlets, entertainment, nature and animals. In addition to singing and playing the piano since the tender age of five, Yost has taught herself to play the ukulele over the last 2 years, can play a little guitar and is now taking professional vocal training. She writes her own music and lyrics, but enjoys covering songs by her favorite artists who have inspired her over the years and fueled her determination to be successful at doing what she loves. In the meantime, she works two part-time jobs at a local bookstore and as a church secretary and manages her own business as an Independent Beauty Consultant for Mary Kay Cosmetics.

“I have to pay for my music until my music pays for me.” She says with a smile.


In October of 2012, Cassie self-produced her first Single “Halfway Without You” and coordinated a successful Single Release Concert at Lampost Theater in Cedar Falls. The night was themed: It was her first concert, selling her first CD of the first song she ever wrote.

“I couldn’t have done it without a little (a lot) of help from my friends.” She says gratefully with a laugh. “I was on a high that night, my thoughts were running at a mile a minute. Everything was up to me to decide and I can be really indecisive. We made it through the show, which is still kind of a blur, and afterwards I was frantic, thinking ‘I don’t have enough hands to do everything!’. Then I looked around and noticed that friends of mine were tearing down set, had set up and were running my merch table and handling sales without even being asked. It was incredible. It allowed me to really relax and talk to everyone who wanted to talk to me after the show and sign CDs. I was really emotional about it. And then on top of that, there was everyone who came out to see me play. Friends, friends of friends…my family wasn’t able to make it because of a cousin’s wedding that I'd had to miss the reception for since it was on the same day. My parents sent a couple that are some really good friends of ours and like a second set of parents to me. They are huge supporters of me, and showed up with a bouquet of daisies (my favorite flower) from my mom before the show started. I almost lost control of my emotions, but it made me play that much better. It’s just a constant reminder of the incredible support I have and all the friends and family who genuinely care about me. I'd be 'halfway without you" all! Okay, cheesy, but its the truth.”


The song, “Halfway Without You” has been a hit with friends and local music appreciators who have heard Yost play. Her single is a limited edition copy with original artwork and photographs, and sells for $5 each. The money she earns from her music, as well as any donations that she collects in a silver piggy bank put out on her merch table during shows, goes toward making and self-producing her first official record at that she hopes to record at Catamount and release this year with a total of ten original songs on it.

Her next show will take place at Red Cedar Books, 220 East 4th Street in Waterloo, next to Cottonwood Canyon on February 28th from 8-9:30pm. Should the show be cancelled due to weather conditions, it will be rescheduled for the following Thursday.

“The bookstore is owned by a friend of mine, and its nice and cozy; exactly the kind of laid back feel I want the evening to have.” Says Yost.

Cassie will be selling copies of “Halfway Without You”, and will be available for signing and chatting during a 15-minute break and after the show.

No comments:

Post a Comment