Oh, welcome, welcome!

How do you do? Care for a bit of tea?

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Moments Captured Through A Lens

By the way, Nate and Alli's wedding went beautifully.

For pictures, you can look at these links from Lukas VanDyke's website:

Engagement photos: http://www.lukasvandyke.com/?p=4345

Wedding photos and slide show: http://www.lukasvandyke.com/?p=4351

Lukas and Suzy did such a wonderful job! Beautiful pictures that captured the moments and characters perfectly. :) I think I may fly them back here for whenever I get married to do my photos!

There were many tears, especially from me, but also a lot of joyful laughter and prayers. The whole wedding was blessed and the presence of friends for such a glorious celebration was unforgettable.

I cried as we prayed over Alli before getting in line, got it together to go down the aisle, cried when Alli walked down the aisle and Dad gave her away, cried while Nate and Alli spoke their written vows to one another, and cried and laughed as I hugged them both afterward. I thought I'd cried all I could cry, so when I got up at the reception to give my toast, I was sure I had it all together, good to go! Nope. I lost it even worse than during the wedding, ending with a tearful smile. :P Apparently, not only did I make my dad cry with my toast and tears, but other guests as well, haha.

Alli and Nate had a wonderful and eventful ( ;) ) honeymoon and took a few pictures. While they were gone their bible study group came and finished their house so that they would be able to move in right away and not have to stay at our parents house their first night back. They slept on an air mattress for a while until Alli got her bed moved over. She's been by every day the past week to collect her things randomly, and from what I've heard, she's having a fun time decorating her house and being a wife. I haven't seen the house since its had furniture in it, but when I do, I'll be sure to snap some pictures to share with all of you. :)

So, there's an update on the happy newlyweds, and an update on my life in the post prior to this one. :)

To brighter days,

~Cassie

No comments:

Post a Comment