Oh, welcome, welcome!

How do you do? Care for a bit of tea?

Saturday, June 2, 2012

So my last post was a draft that I forgot to ever post in the first place.

Here's my recent news, being thrown at you at a speed ball rate:

I got a job at MUDD Advertising as a Territory Sales Manager (Phone sales only I'm calling car dealers and trying to sell them advertising, which is like trying to sell ice cubes to an Eskimo). After two weeks, I realized I can't do phone sales. I'm just not cut from that cloth, I didn't want it enough although I wanted the money, and it was killing my spirit, despite loving the people I worked with and the business atmosphere. I was promised an interview for a Client Service Position which I never got. I was told they were happy with the pool of people they already had to choose from. You can read the details on my Facebook status, however you'll have to scroll down to May 24th to see the posting.

So I'm on the job hunt again. Preferably for something that will pay $10 or more.

I got cast in The Wizard of Oz. I'm not a lead, but I do dance some important parts, so I'll still get a fair amount of stage time and limelight. Also, some of my favorite fellow actors are participating as well, so its exciting to be working with them again.

I'm considering starting a handmade crochet/knitting/craft Etsy shop, possibly selling things at the local Farmer's Market, etc. I've made some cute stuff, its mainly an issue of time and building my inventory before I open shop.

This is on top of my job at Barnes & Noble and Mary Kay. Basically, I'm trying to stay afloat and find a job where I can make enough money to pay the bills, pay for my CD, pay for an apartment/duplex and a new car.

Still working on my music, a lot of new songs are in progress. I'm seriously considering using the website Kickstarter to raise the money for my CD, but have to find someone to tape me first for free or a low price. The one guy named Scott Stowe just earned enough in the last few days for his album. Pretty incredible. Check it out: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/scottstowe/im-scott-stowe-and-im-finally-making-my-first-albu

So there's an update on my life. New post to come soon after this. :)

~Cassie Marie

No comments:

Post a Comment