Oh, welcome, welcome!

How do you do? Care for a bit of tea?

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Thank you, Ray Bradbury


"Do what you love and love what you do...if someone tells you to do something for money, tell them to go to hell." ~ Ray Bradbury (August 22, 1920 - June 5th, 2012)

Ray Bradbury was amazing. I salute him. His writings and his mindset were incredible and innovative. "Fahrenheit 451" is one of my top 10 favorite books. I remember the feelings I felt while being immersed in literary heaven, being mesmerized by the concepts of the talking walls and the mechanic dogs that hunted those who did not comply with the rules. I soaked up the information about my enemies, and tried to figure out how I (putting myself in the shoes of the main character) would defeat or escape them. The burning of the books made me infuriated, horrified and mournful as I read, with no power to change the plot line and save the literary treasures. Only to read on in hopes for a way of redemption.

So thank you, Ray Bradbury, for contributing such wonderful, thoughtful and staying literary treasures as well as your plays, poetry and film. You were truly an artist and few, I believe, will be able to achieve your dedication or greatness.

Here is a link to a great article about Ray Bradbury's life accomplishments, who he was as a person, his stances on modern technology and history as a writer, poet and play writer.

No comments:

Post a Comment