Oh, welcome, welcome!

How do you do? Care for a bit of tea?

Wednesday, July 4, 2012

America Is Not The Greatest Country In The World Anymore



"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness." - The Declaration of Independence - July 4th, 1776

Independence Day is my favorite holiday. While I do love this country, I also agree and hold the opinion that it is not the greatest country in the world anymore. We do not hold the morality and stature that we claim to, and we certainly are not informed like we used to be nor do we take up the responsibilities of citizenship and act in the good interest of our country, our freedoms or the lives of those around us.

Sharing this clip from the new HBO series "The Newsroom", because I thought it was appropriate and relevant.

Happy Independence Day!

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree! BTW, thought I'd ask again if you got the CD I sent? :P

    ReplyDelete